Well hello there! Welcome to my little space on the internet. As you can see by my domain name, I’m Rachel Sharpe! You can call me Rachie, or Sharpey, or Rach, or Rachiefish… or mostly anything you want tbh, I’m not precious.
I’m a twenty-six-year-old digital content executive who also happens to be an aspiring novelist, amateur video editor, occasional graphic designer and prolific daydreamer. All the creative intentions! I like to share my stuff online sometimes, and here seemed as good a place as any to collate it all!
Fun(ish) facts about me:
- My hair is naturally curly. I’m *only just* getting to grips with it & starting to like it. At 26 years of age. So many years wasted straightening and wallowing in self-pity!
- I’m an introvert – there’s nothing more refreshing than alone time!
- I’m socially awkward… I can’t make small talk, I usually say the wrong things and I’m usually too embarrassed to admit my own misunderstandings or correct somebody else’s. Yes, I do replay everything I’ve ever done or said in my head a million times over until I want to die.
- I can’t go more than a few minutes without thinking about food. Food is the BEST though, right? A good curry, Cadbury chocolate and avocado toast are front runners in the fave food category.
- I’m addicted to coke (the drink, not the drug). My teeth don’t thank me for it. Nor does my waistline, but also see above on that front.
- New York City is my favourite place in the world. I know, I know. I’m a cliche. But, damn. It was so good!
- I identify as asexual. I won’t be going into that much, but consider this statement my waving of the pride flag! woo!
- I started doing the Document Your Life project in November 2015 as a way to get back into video editing and a way to look back on my favourite memories. I honestly didn’t think I’d still be doing it all this time later – I just love it!
- Autumn is my favourite season, with November being my absolute favourite month of the year by far!
- I’ve taken part in National Novel Writing Month every year since 2010 & so far have only not completed one year. In my defence, I was writing my university dissertation that year!
- I’m currently trying out a ‘capsule wardrobe’ for the first time. I may document this experience in the near future.
- I once presented on BBC Radio One with my best friends for half an hour. It’s my claim to fame. And it was the best day ever!